It’s the little things
- When filling out paperwork and I need to list my emergency contact. For so long it was you
- When having to circle single, married, divorced. I’m technically still married, but I’m currently single while in the midst of divorce proceedings
- Having to remember to take the trash to the curb
- Hearing about a current event and not having anyone to ask or talk to about it
- Seeing someone with a Michigan hat or shirt and wanting to shout GO BLUE so that I could come home and tell you that I made you proud
- Seeing a mutual acquaintance who isn’t in our current circle and he asks me how you are doing
- Watching College Game Day and laughing at Lee Corso
- Knowing that the reason you didn’t like Kirk Herbstreit is because he played for Ohio
It’s the questions that will never be answered
- Am I angry at you Or am I angry at the time I feel you stole from me by having an affair?
- Why haven’t you paid the lawyer yet? It’s been 40 days
- When did I stop being good enough for you?
It’s the realizations
- I forgot how much I liked country music
- I missed natural light filling a room, you always insisted on closing the curtains to avoid glare on the TV
- I really HATED the setting you chose for text message alerts. I told you, but you ignored me
- I missed pizza with more than a meat topping. When money meant that we could only get one pizza, I always defaulted to what I knew you would eat and gave up my veggie pizzas
- Quiet time can really be quiet. No TV or music in the background, just quiet—me & God
- You really had a foul mouth, its nice to go a full day without hearing the “F” word
- All eighteen stations in the car can now be set to what I want… I’ve not changed them yet
- Just because my marriage ended doesn’t mean that God’s purpose my life did
One thought on “The Little Things”
So true so many happy days ahead of you. ❤ You rock!